Monday, November 21, 2016

Thanksgiving, Christmas, My Brother Returns!

Dearest Friends and Family,

First, my brother just got home from his mission last Tuesday and BOY is he amazing. He is my best friend and I don't know if I've ever met anyone as non-judgemental, Christlike, and humble as him. If you get the chance to meet him, please do so!

This week has been so great! I admire how many people we meet a day that LOVE Jesus Christ! Many people in Ohio have great faith.

A few highlights:

- Funniest STORY EVER: Last week I woke up, got into my exercise clothes and felt so full of energy. I woke up my companion because for some reason the alarm didn't wake her up.. I told her it was time to exercise. She looked at the phone several times and said, "Sister Garvin, do you know what time it is?" I said... "No?" She said, "It's 1:13am. GO BACK TO BED." HAHAHAHAH!!!! I was SO sure it was 6:30 and the alarm went off hahaha!!!

- After all my years (year) in Payson Utah and not meeting a person who plays the bagpipes... An elder in my district does and I'm SO HAPPY HAHAH!!!!

- My favorite hymn is by far "Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy" and it's totally the missions theme song. I was so touched when I heard that because Heavenly Father knows me individually.

- Attitude is key. Heard this story in church last week... "A traveler passed a stone quarry and saw three men working. He asked each man what he was doing. Each man's answer revealed a different attitude towards the SAME job. "I am cutting stone," the first man answered. The second replied, "I am earning 3 gold pieces a day." The third man smiled and said, "I am helping to build a house of God."

To conclude, there is a Christmas initiative going on in the month of December to do little service activities for 25 days - leading up to Christmas.

I invite all of you to check out Mormon.org and get involved in the service to become more like Christ. I'm going to do it too! And we can all see how we are doing each week and how we can improve!

Please let me know of any neat and simple stories that happen while you serve!

Mosiah 2:17 "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Love you all!

Love,

Sister Garvin



No comments:

Post a Comment