Monday, December 12, 2016

Light the World - Sister Ashley in Elyria, Ohio

Hello my beautiful brothers and sisters!  I hope your week was amazing and filled with Christmas Joy.

How has the #LighttheWorld been going for you all? Are you writing your experiences down - even if they are seemingly small?   (ADVENT Calendar)

Here are a few things that happened this week to help Light the World!

Day 8 - Jesus Prayed for Others So Can You

It was a rough day that day. And I felt sad for the hard time I was having and was about to kneel down to pray and tell Heavenly Father all about it but then had the thought, "No... you should pray for others" so I decided to pray for other people and not for myself.

It was AMAZING! I prayed for different family and friends at home, investigators, and ward members and honestly I felt so uplifted I 'forgot' my worries. At least they became less important. I realized I'm not the only one struggling and it helps when I'm struggling to think of others instead.
We can help one another on the path of life

 Day 10 - Jesus helped People to Walk and So Can You

This is what missionary work is. We invite people to walk a better path. The path that leads us back to Heavenly Fathers presence. Every scripture you share online, every testimony you bare, every action you perform that emulates Christ's character INVITES OTHERS to walk. I'm inspired by those of you have shared your experiences with me. Even if you don't feel you're doing much by those small acts of service, you ARE following Christ and inviting others to do the same.

Jesus Taught others' and so can we
Day 12 - Jesus Taught Others and So Can You

Today, I'll share 2 things I've learned from personal study.

1) Be Thou Humble.

Ether 12:27 says that Heavenly Father gives us weaknesses that we may be humble. God gave Sister Garvin weaknesses that she may be humble.
2 Corinthians 12:9 - But, God's strength is made perfect in weakness. The power of the Atonement is made perfect through our weaknesses!

Hymn 130- Be thou humble in thy calling and the Lord Thy God shall teach thee, to serve His children with a pure and gentle love. Be thou humble in Thy longing and the Lord Thy God shall take thee, shall take Thee home at last to ever dwell with Him above."

If we humble ourselves, God WILL take our weaknesses and shortcomings and make us strong.

2) And Effectual Door shall be opened

D&C 112: 19 - And whatsoever place ye shall proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word.
1 Corin 15:9

Effectual = effective, efficient, fruitful, potent, and productive. Door = way.

So, "And whatsoever place ye shall proclaim my name (gospel) a more effective, fruitful, and efficient WAY shall be opened unto you."

God has promised us that as we open our mouths, they shall be filled with what we need to say.

That's what Light the World is about.

I invite you all to keep Lighting the World, or to start Lighting the World today! And write down your miracles and know that God is on your side!

Love you all.

Love,

Sister Garvin

No comments:

Post a Comment