Monday, December 5, 2016

#LIGHT the World - Sister Garvin in Elyria, Ohio

Hey All!

How has #Light the World been going for you?

That's what I'll focus on this week - how Lighting the World has blessed Sister Garvin's life.

December 2nd - Jesus Honored His Parents So Can You.

I read about Andrew Lee Allen (my third great-grandfather) who was a convert to the church. He grew up religious and later moved to New York with his wife. In 1833 his wife Clarinda met some Mormon missionaries. Andrew was out of the house, so she told him about her encounter when he returned. He was super interested in learning more and heard the Elders were going to teach 80 miles away.. he traveled to hear them and was baptized before he returned home!

He moved to KIRTLAND, Ohio where he met Joseph Smith and told him his conversion story. When he did, Joseph responded, "Those Elders should have ordained you an Elder and sent you to preach the gospel." :D!

I had no idea I had family in Ohio in the earlier days. I hope we can all honor our forefathers!

December 3rd - Jesus Helped Others to See and So Can You

I read John 9 - about the blind man from his birth. This man testified Jesus is the Christ and was therefore cast out for that. When Jesus heard that he was cast out, he went to the man and revealed himself as the Son of God. The man said, "Lord, I believe."

Wow! What faith! I hope to believe like that!

Vs 41 - To the Pharisees Jesus said (in my interpretation) "If ye were humble and believe ye would have no sin: but now ye say, We see (or ye remain prideful and unbelieving); therefore your sin remaineth."

My prayer is we can all be humble and believing so we can continue to be clean.

I pray that we can all learn more about the Character of Christ in this journery of Lighting the World!

"Without the sublime Character of Christ, there would have been no sublime Atonement" -Elder Maxwell.

"Perhaps one of the greatest indicators of character is revealed for example, in the power to discern the suffering of other people when we ourselves are suffering; in the ability to detect the hunger of others when we are hungry; and in the power to reach out and extend compassion for the spiritual agony of others when we are in the midst of our own spiritual distress. Thus, character is demonstrated by looking and reaching outward when the natural man and instinctive response is to be self -absorbed and turn in-ward." Elder Bednar

I love you all! I pray for you and hope we can continue to learn and grow together.

Please keep my updated on your Light the World miracles (even if they are seemingly small - a miracle is a miracle!)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment