Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Dearest Family and Friends,

Dearest friends and family,

You know, I had a list of what I wanted to write this week - we went to a food drive to do service, some funny stories, and other random things... but after some contemplation and emailing various friends and family members I changed what I wanted to talk about.

To be honest, a mission is tough! Yes, there are a LOT of great experiences and funny moments with companions, lots of laughs, and spiritual moments, but just as we all go through life, we go through trials. But I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you.

I have a tab in my Book of Mormon dedicated to the 'Worth of Souls' and scriptures that talk about that. That's what I wanted to share today!

"Is not a soul at this time as precious unto God as a soul will be at the time of His coming?" Alma 39:17

Every soul is great in the sight of God. Because God IS our loving Father in Heaven, He wants to bless His children and bring them back to Him to find peace. 

We all want to find more peace in our lives. We know that this world is getting crazier and harder and more challenging, and more importantly GOD knows that. And He knows that it's only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can find that lasting peace.

That's why He has given us the knowledge of the Gospel - so we can rescue those 'lost souls' who are having a hard time. Just think, we have the knowledge that all will be well in the end... but not everyone does. Many people don't have a faith or hope in Jesus Christ to get them through the challenging times.

When we recognize how blessed we are with our knowledge of the Gospel, we will want to share it with others and in the meantime, while we serve, we will find ourselves too.
"And the great God has had mercy on us, and made these things known unto us that we might not perish; yea, and he has made these things known unto us beforehand, because he loveth our souls as well as he loveth our children; therefore in his mercy he doth visit us by his angels, that the plan of salvation might be made known unto us as well as unto future generations." - Alma 24:14

I know that angels truly are around us. I've seen them on my mission. I've seen God's hand lead and direct us to people who need a smile, to hear the most important message they could ever hear - the Restoration of the Gospel... and other times I can't see the effects of our work, but I have trust in the Lord that He will bless me as I continue diligent.


To conclude, we are the Lords hands. We get to be angels in the lives of others. I am not perfect at 'forgetting myself' and going to work.. but I am trying to be better and recognize I'm not the only going through a hard time :). I can promise though, that as we strive to serve others even in our hard times, we will begin to see the worth of not only the souls of those around us... but our souls as well. We will see that God really is our loving Father in Heaven!

And when we do that... we will want to share that knowledge with others. We will be so sad that they don't know who they are. 

"Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee." Alma 31:35

"And again, when they thought upon the Lamanites, who were their brethren, of their sinful and polluted state, they were filled with pain and anguish for the welfare of their souls." -Mosiah 25: 11

"Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thought that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble." Mosiah 28:3

I love you all very much. I hope you each can begin to see more how precious you are in God's eyes. Just as in the parable of the Lord in the Vineyard in Jacob 5 - the Lord weeps when we don't turn to Him. 

May we all try to serve those around us who are struggling even when we ourselves are struggling (myself included) and have the faith to act and know that one day all will be well as we diligently serve the Lord and bring souls unto Him.

"And may the Lord Jesus Christ grant that their (your) prayers may be answered according to their (your) faith; and may God the Father remember the covenant which he hath made with the house of Israel; and may he bless them forever, through faith on the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." 

Love forever,

Sister Garvin 




No comments:

Post a Comment